Check out this awesome recipe for a healthy protein muffin that actually tastes good. A lot of these protein treat recipes taste very dry, but these turned out great. You will need a variety of ingredients but it will be well worth the trip to the store!
Cook Time: 18-24 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 2/3 cup whey protein powder (Vanilla or Chocolate - I actually used Pumpkin Spice)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chai or flax seed meal
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated swerve sweetner
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, protein powder, cocoa powder, flax or chai seed meal, coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sweeter until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add half of almond flour mixture and beat until combined, then add almond milk. Add remaining almond flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin cups and bake for 18 to 24 minutes, until tops are set and a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 mins and transfer to cooling rack until desired temperature.
Serves 12. Each muffin has 10g of carbs and 5g of fiber. Total Net Carbs - 5g
Per muffin: 254 calories, 21g fat, 11g protein, 10g Carbs, 5g dietary fiber, sugar should be around 3g depending on protein powder used.
Connect with me on social media!
Thanks for reading.
NutriFit is a locally and privately owned nutritional supplement retail company specializing in high-quality products, competitive pricing, nutritional information and excellent customer service.