Came across this recipe on the internet and wanted to give it a try. I honestly didn't do the macros on these, but I know that they will be very low on carbs with the given ingredients. For the first time making these, they turned out great!
The recipe is below with directions!
- 3 cups finely shredded or riced cauliflower florets (Should be considered large crumbs; 3 cups will be about 1/2 of a large head but it's best to measure it out)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp white or black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, eggs, cheese, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning. Mix with a large spoon until everything is thoroughly mixed. Mixture should be wet but not liquid.
- Grease the cavities of a muffin top pan. If you don't own a muffin top pan, you can also make free form ones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Measure out 1/2 cup lightly packed cauliflower mix. Dump onto muffin mold or onto baking sheet and press down on the middle with the palm of your hand. If you are using muffin top pan, evenly spread the cauliflower across the mold and compact it down slightly with your knuckles or fingers so that the crumbs of the bread will be tight. If using baking sheet, press down on mixture with palm of your hand and then spread and shape to form a round disc 4 inches wide and slightly more than 1/2 inch high. Compact down the cauliflower mix gently with your fingers or knuckles so that the crumbs of the cauliflower buns will be tight. Sprinkle tops of bread buns with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and cauliflower breads are completely cooked. Use a thin spatula to gently loosen the bottoms of the cauliflower breads (I recommend using a good silicone cookie spatula which usually has a very thin edge that glides easily underneath.) Allow breads to cool slightly before eating.