Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 12 Servings
- nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour / meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CAKE: Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 350°F. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar substitute around the bottom and edges.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add vanilla extract and 1⁄4 cup of tap water to the bowl and beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond meal, remaining 3⁄4 cup sugar substitute, and baking powder, then beat this dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture until all are combined.
- Pour the finished batter into the prepared cake pan and bake 30-35 minutes, or until center is firm and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Turn pan upside down and shake to release cake. Frost with Buttercream Cheese Frosting, cut into 12 slices and serve.
- FROSTING: Allow butter and cream cheese to soften to almost room temperature before using.
- Beat all ingredients in an electric mixer on high until well combined and light and fluffy. Spread on a completely cooled cake.
Notes: While you could double the recipe to make a two layer cake, almond flour is very filling and satisfying, so we simply cut the one layer of this recipe in half horizontally using a long bread knife to make two layers. It should go without saying that you can use this frosting to frost a White Birthday Cake, recipe above. This also goes great as a topping on any low carb baked treat! Add 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (we like Hershey’s brand) and 1⁄4 cup more bulk sugar substitute to turn this into a Chocolate Frosting.
Nutrition facts for this recipe already include the amounts for the frosting. calories: 220; fat: 18g; protein:9g; fiber: 3.5g; net carbs: 2g
Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoy the recipe!! I did get this recipe from another site & will give you the site, just ask! =)
Connect with us on social media!
Thanks for reading.
NutriFit is a locally and privately owned nutritional supplement retail company specializing in high-quality products, competitive pricing, nutritional information and excellent customer service.