Here's a low carb recipe for sesame seed buns that can be used for any kind of sandwich, burger, or just to eat as a bread substitute. They turned out great and taste something like a cornbread.
If you want to check out the cauliflower bun recipe I posted a while ago, CLICK HERE
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup golden ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons granular Swerve Sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix first 7 ingredients together with a whisk to help break up any lumps.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and olive oil together. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined and a dough is formed. Dough will be thick and slightly sticky.
- Lightly spray a nonstick muffin top pan with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- Using a 4-tablespoon size retractable scoop, divide dough into the 6 muffin top cavities.
- Using slightly moistened finger tips, gently pat down to form patty-sized dough circles that fill the muffin cup. Top with sesame seeds.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes for dough to rise slightly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until light golden brown and done. Cool completely before slicing with a sharp serrated knife.
I snagged this recipe from another website from Pinterest so if you are interested, I'll send you the site.
Connect with me on social media!
Thanks for reading.
NutriFit is a locally and privately owned nutritional supplement retail company specializing in high-quality products, competitive pricing, nutritional information and excellent customer service.
Loaded Cauliflower Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4 Ingredients: 1 head of cauliflower cut into bite sized ...
Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
Check out this awesome recipe for a healthy protein muffin that actually tastes good. A lot of these protein treat re...
Arm Day - Bicep/Tricep Supersets
Try out this Arm workout for a crazy pump. Biceps, Triceps, Forearms I always start with cardio to warm up to help pr...