Almond Flour Crepes
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings: 4 crepes
Calories: 127 kcal
Net Carbs: 3.8g
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil ,to grease the crepe pan
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, ground almond, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon until combined and no lumps forms. Set aside.
- Warm a crepe pan of 9 inches diameter (25 cm), under medium heat, and use an absorbent paper to rub the coconut oil on the pan and grease the pan.
- Scoop the crepe batter into the frying pan and tilt the pan with a circular motion to ensure that the batter coats the surface evenly. The thickness of the crepes will depend on how much batter you use for each. Usually 1/4 cup is what you need to make a 10 inches (26 cm) crepe.
- Cook the crepe until the sides start to crisp up and lift off easily from the frying pan. It should take about 2 minutes each, over medium heat.
- Loosen with a spatula and flip over to cook the other side. Both sides should be lightly brown, and the crepes should be crispy on the sides and softer in the middle.
- Repeat for the next crepes.
- To serve fill each crepes with the whipped coconut cream, fold in a triangle and top with the fruits of your choice fresh berries, spicy plum jam etc.
Low carb sweet filling ideas: whipped coconut cream sweetened with stevia, berries, sugar free jam, yogurt, sugar free melted chocolate, desiccated coconut, unsweetened cocoa powder, nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut), seed butter or even coconut butter.
I used Whipped Cream and Strawberries shown in the pic!
Connect with me on social media!
Thanks for reading.
NutriFit is a locally and privately owned nutritional supplement retail company specializing in high-quality products, competitive pricing, nutritional information and excellent customer service.